University of Idaho
Tom A. Alberg and Judith Beck Chair in Native Plant Regeneration
Division/College: College of Natural Resources
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: $65,000 to $97,400
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Department of Forest, Rangeland, and Fire Sciences (FRFS ) and College of Natural Resources (CNR ) at the University of Idaho invites applications and nominations for the Tom A. Alberg and Judith Beck Endowed Chair in Native Plant Regeneration. We seek a transformative leader and scholar committed to promoting the regeneration of native plants in forest and rangeland ecosystems, as well as a demonstrated commitment to the instruction of the next generation of forest and rangeland professionals.
The Tom A. Alberg and Judith Beck Endowed Chair in Native Plant Regeneration was established to recognize and encourage faculty excellence in forest nursery and seedling management, research and advancement for native plant regeneration. The position is located in Moscow, Idaho, home of the Franklin H. Pitkin Forest Nursery and Seedling Assessment Laboratory within the Center for Forest Nursery and Seedling Research. The Center is a global leader in native plant regeneration education and research, and the Pitkin Forest Nursery is one of only three such university-directed forest nurseries in the United States, and the only facility in the West. The endowed chair will provide leadership in research, teaching, and outreach activities that promote the regeneration, use, and/or ecology of native plants, as well as mentoring and preparing students to become leaders in a variety of fields, including forestry, rangeland management, ecosystem restoration, nursery management, and horticulture.
The position is an academic year, tenure track appointment, and is available at the assistant or associate professor level.
• PhD in Forestry, Plant Science, Horticulture, Restoration Ecology or related field
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to develop a nationally and internationally recognized and extramurally funded research program
• Demonstrated ability and excellence in science application and stakeholder engagement
• Demonstrated ability in in mentoring students to succeed
• Experience in native plant regeneration and restoration
• Experience in teaching university courses at both the undergraduate and graduate level
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: F000622P
Posting Date: 10/10/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position will remain open until filled. Review of applicants will begin January 8, 2018.
Applicants must submit:
• Cover letter describing your qualifications for this position
• Curriculum Vitae
• Statement of teaching, research, and outreach
• Names and contact information for three references
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates may be required to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/1102076