Closing Date: January 15, 2020
Annual Salary Range: $48,369 – $67,393
The successful candidate for this full-time, tenure track Assistant Professor, Forestry/Natural Resources position will be responsible for teaching a wide variety of Forestry and Natural Resource courses that may include, but are not limited to: Geospatial Concepts, Introduction to Remote Sensing, Introduction to GIS, Watershed Management, Introduction to Wildland Fire, Timber Harvesting, and Forest Health and Protection. Additional responsibilities will include aiding in all necessary steps to gain Society of American Foresters (SAF) accreditation, curriculum development, assessment, and establishing relationships with industry partners. Teaching assignments may include evening and weekend assignments
and teaching courses through distance education.
Anticipated start date for this position is Fall 2020.
• Master’s degree in Forestry or Natural Resources with at least one degree from an SAF-accredited institution
• Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Natural Resources, Wildlife Biology, or related disciplines
• College teaching experience
• Experience with GIS and Spatial Analysis software as well as other discipline specific technology
• Interest and ability in obtaining the Registered Professional Forester license in California
Education and Experience
Any bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience, or any associate’s degree and six years of professional experience. Position requires sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
College of the Redwoods values all members of our community and strives to create a diverse, nurturing, honest, and open environment. CR is committed to equal employment opportunity in its employment and encourages applications from underrepresented group members.
Apply online at: https://employment.redwoods.edu/
You will need the information listed below to complete the online process.
The following file formats will be accepted for attachments-.doc or pdf.
1. Letter of introduction expressing interest in the position and describing the candidate’s qualifications for the position.
2. Professional résumé or curriculum vitae.
3. Transcripts of all college degrees and courses (unofficial is sufficient for application; official copies will be required of the successful candidate.)
4. A list of three professional references is required. Include the reference’s name, title and current contact information.
5. A statement of Teaching Philosophy.
Incomplete application packets will not be forwarded for consideration by the Selection Committee.
All applications will be reviewed by a representative screening committee. Selected candidates will be invited to appear for a personal interview at College of the Redwoods. Some financial assistance will be available to assist finalists with travel expenses related to interviewing.
All documents included in your application file become the property of the College and will not be returned. Your file for this opening will not be considered for future openings. New documents must be submitted for each opening. To be included in the first review, the applicant must complete the application process online by 11:59 p.m. on the first review date. The district reserves the right to keep this position open until filled. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply or interview for this opening, please call Human Resources.
Medical, dental and vision insurance is provided by the District for all full-time employees and their dependents. Faculty also receive sick leave and personal holidays. Retirement benefits are administered through CalSTRS.